[c-nsp] Cisco IOS 15.4(2)T unified mpls send-label

Vitkovský Adam adam.vitkovsky at swan.sk
Tue Sep 30 08:49:22 EDT 2014

Hi Tim,

Labels allocated by BGP for loopback IP of PE in a remote area are not dependent on labels allocated by LDP for a next-hop IP(ABR loopback IP) on a path to that remote PE.
So if this remote PE’s loopback IP is actually an IPv6 address and BGP would allocate a label for it the forwarding would have worked up from ingress PE through local ABR until the packet hits the ABR in remote area where the BGP label would have been POP-ed and the packet is expected to be switched based on the remaining LDP label.
And since LDP does not allocate labels for IPv6 prefixes the packet would not be label-switched to the egress PE.

adam