[c-nsp] CRS secondary RP not syncing properly

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Fri Apr 10 02:41:40 EDT 2015

On Thu, 9 Apr 2015, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:

> With XR 5.1.3, I applied most of the SMUs available today. After that I
> issued a format command for disk0: on the secondary RP, which then rebooted
> according to plan and started syncing from primary RP. I then started getting
> these messages on the secondary RP (with the SMUs, it was for the -sse-
> package):

Seems the SMUs broke my installation, I have discovered with "install
verify" that I have missing files, even after removing all the SMUs again.
This explains the syncing problem.

I have also discovered that in rommon on secondary RP:

MEDIA_FORMAT=disk0:,fat32,partition
unset BOOT
sync
reset

will format the drive and restart the syncing process from scratch.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se