[c-nsp] DCI design

james list jameslist72 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 03:52:10 EDT 2015

I need to streatch an OSPF totally stub area (let’s say area 10) among two
DataCenter using VPLS, I’m wondering if you can suggest me how to connect
all the other networks (not partecipating to area 10 by design)  I need to
route among the two DC:

1) Create an additional VPLS putting area 0 and hence the PE acts as ABR
2) Use BGP and VRF L3 among the two DC hence OSPF area 10 routes are also
redistributed in BGP

Any pro/cons do you see ?

here the schema:

1)

VPLS OSPF                      VPLS OSPF
area 0                                area 0
VPLS OSPF                     VPLS OSPF
area 10 ot stub             area 10 tot stub

2)

VRF DC      ---- bgp ----      VRF DC
VPLS area 10                     VPLS area 10
tot stub                              tot stub

Cheers James