[c-nsp] ASA 5585-X - switch intefaces

Ricardo Stella stella at rider.edu
Wed Apr 22 13:18:31 EDT 2015

Newbie alert here...

We had an upgrade done from an older 5540 model.  Currently working fine,
but our next step is to move the two 1gb interfaces in use to the 10gb
interfaces.  I remember doing this years ago on an even older 5520 when one
of the interfaces had gone bad.  Switching it was not easy as it required a
redo of the config.  I remember trying to simply rename the interfaces and
didn't work at all.

So, what's the best approach for this?  Should I just change the nameif
name but do it on the startup config and then simply reboot the ASA?

Current example:

interface GigabitEthernet0/1
 description Connection to Inside router
 nameif Inside