[c-nsp] EEM Execution Time

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Thu Apr 23 15:56:31 EDT 2015

On Thu, 2015-04-23 at 11:04 -0700, Pete Templin wrote:
> There's a difference between an overall "temper" and a simple pointer
> that someone's just not at the right level.

Adams' is the voice of reason and list members should of course neither
scare away newbies nor forget that written communication between many
people of many languages can be tricky. But...

For certain questions, this thread's beginning included, one is IMHO not
really helping the person asking the question by giving out a simple and
easy answer. The inability to figure out this problem by oneself
probably means that designing EEM scripts to on core routers is a bad
idea.

When asking a question one must remember that they're asking probably
thousands (I don't know the number for c-nsp) of people across the
world. If one person could spend two minutes with his/her favourite
search engine to find a solution then that would be much more effective
than a thousand persons each spending even just one second reading the
question.

Similarly with formatting and spelling; it doesn't have to be perfect,
but showing that you care enough to spend a few minutes proof reading
and making things look nice will attract more potential answerers.

It's easy-ish to ignore these questions, or so I find. But that's
arguably more rude than actually saying out loud what Lukas said, which
was honestly what I was thinking too. :-)

Let's hope this thread doesn't devolve to something NANOG-ish!

--
Peter