[c-nsp] BGP doesn't advertise prefixes

Samol molasian at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 11:23:33 EDT 2015

Thanks Gert for the clues. I went thru rule again and below is the rules
applied to our peer.

  neighbor EQUINIX-TRANSIT prefix-list BOGON in
  neighbor EQUINIX-TRANSIT route-map EQUINIX-TRANSIT-IN in
  neighbor EQUINIX-TRANSIT route-map *EQUINIX-TRANSIT-OUT* out

rtr#sh route-map *EQUINIX-TRANSIT-OUT*
route-map EQUINIX-TRANSIT-OUT, permit, sequence 5
  Match clauses:
    ip address prefix-lists: *CP-M21-PREPEND*
  Set clauses:
    as-path prepend 123 123 123
  Policy routing matches: 0 packets, 0 bytes
route-map EQUINIX-TRANSIT-OUT, permit, sequence 10
  Match clauses:
    community (community-list filter): 500
  Set clauses:
  Policy routing matches: 0 packets, 0 bytes

rtr#sh ip prefix-list *CP-M21-PREPEND*
ip prefix-list CP-M21-PREPEND: 6 entries
   seq 5 permit 123.0.73.0/24
   seq 10 permit x.x.a.0/24
   seq 15 permit x.x.b.0/24
   seq 16 permit x.x.c.0/24
   seq 20 permit x.x.d.0/24
   seq 25 permit x.x.e.0/24

rtr#sh ip community-list 500
Community (expanded) access list 500
     permit *123:123*

rtr#sh ip bgp 123.0.73.0 | in Com
      Community: *123:123* 65501:24115

As per this rule, the route 123.0.73.0/24 ( sorry for the change of IP and
hidden,but this would be preferred), should match with route-map seq 5 with
prefix-list seq 5 as well. We have no other rules attached to this peer in
the outbound direction.

Regards,

--
Samol Khoeurn