[c-nsp] MPLS router-ID

James Bensley jwbensley at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 13:44:34 EDT 2015

On 11 August 2015 at 14:39, Mohammad Khalil <eng_mssk at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I have one of my PEs already configured with a router-id (which is my private loopback interface)

I assume you mean LDP router-id?

> Am trying to establish xconnect with my uplink provider (which uses Juniper)
> The SP insisted to use public IP address for LDP neighborship , I cannot change my router-id as I will lose all of my active L2VPN sessions in my network (according to what I know , I cannot have expect for one ID for my router)
> I configured a public IP address and advertised it into BGP to my SP and the MPLS LDP session is up , but the targeted LDP session is passive !

What you say configured a public IP, do you mean on the interface
facing the provider and then used something like "discovery
transport-address interface" to use the interface IP as your LDP
router-id?

Also why have you originated it into BGP? If you are using the public
on on the interface facing your provider they should know IP because
its directly connected.

On paper this configuration works but I'm not 100% clear of your explentaion.

As Nick has said, just having something like a tagged sub-interface
between you and your provider where the xconnect terminates would be a
better idea, the L3 VPNs can be in other sub-int's.

Cheers,
James.