[c-nsp] CSR1000V and CPU usage

Pshem Kowalczyk pshem.k at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 17:09:19 EDT 2015

Hi,

The bandwidth is assessed as a sum on ingress:
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/csr1000/software/configuration/csr1000Vswcfg/licensing.html#pgfId-997645

My unscientific experiments seem to indicate that the control plane traffic
is probably not counted towards the licensed bandwidth. For example - if we
drop all licences (default is then 100kb/s max) then router keeps all
adjacencies (BGP, OSPF, LDP even BFD) but forwarded traffic gets  dropped.
I haven't investigated this further, so it's also possible that QoS is
helping the adjacencies to stay up.

kind regards
Pshem