[c-nsp] CSR1000V and CPU usage

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Fri Aug 14 02:04:22 EDT 2015

On 13/Aug/15 16:35, Steve Glendinning wrote:

> In this application how low bandwidth license can you get away with in
> practice?  Do the bandwidth license limits apply to both routed
> traffic and control-plane traffic (such as RR BGP updates)?

Well, we wanted to have 8GB of RAM (which was the maximum this time last
year), which meant that we needed the Premium license (this is pre-AX
licensing).

That means that we get 500Mbps throughput license by default, which we
don't really need.

So it looks like the more RAM you chase, the more gunk you pick up.

Mark.