[c-nsp] Multihoming

Jason Berenson jberenson at vinylinteractive.com
Mon Aug 31 14:43:40 EDT 2015

Greetings,

Was interested in getting any pointers anyone might have about
multihoming.  I've got an ASN and am working on a /24 from ARIN now.  I
was thinking about a pair of Cisco 3560's one for each provider and I
was going to take default routes from each, one with a higher metric and
announce my prefix over the primary link and pad the secondary link.  No
customer or full tables needed.

I was thinking about vlan'ing each switch into half public half private
side also.  Any pointers or tips or recommendations would be greatly
appreciated.  It's been a while since doing this type of stuff.

Thanks!

Jason.