[c-nsp] Equipment for a large-ish LAN event

Laurent Dumont ldumont at coldnorthadmin.com
Tue Dec 8 16:23:03 EST 2015

Here is a rough draft of our usual topology. Imagine a few more
"Players" section scattered around the 2x10G rings.

We are already planning for IPV6 but that really depends on our upstream
ability to actually provide the feature. Very good point about BCP38,
that is not something we had considered. We usually segment the network
for each row of tables which usually ends up being 48 players in the
same vlan.

Thanks!

       +-----------2x10G----------+-------CORE - Routing to external
2x10G|                                | 2x10G
      +-------------------------------+     3650 - Distribution switches
for the 2x10G ring
                  2x10G                |

                                             |2960X as Access with 2x1G