[c-nsp] OSPF flapping ME3400

Lee Starnes lee.t.starnes at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 00:17:00 EST 2015

Thanks Lukas.

We are running SDM default. The attacks are to IPs that are routed by the
switch but are on the other end of the ethernet link to the client. No
attack on the switch itself. As to TCAM warnings, would not have any in the
logs at this time. This took place last a couple weeks ago and was more
interested in blocking the traffic that was causing the problem at the
time. Since the traffic was 800Kpps I suspect it was just too much for the
switch to deal with. I will have to see what shows up in the logs for TCAM
issues and processes next time.

While we have since put rate limits in at the all our core routers, I
suspect this will help prevent this from happening as often. Just wondered
if there was a best practice on dampening the flaps should that happen.

show sdm prefer
 The current template is "default" template.
 The selected template optimizes the resources in
 the switch to support this level of features for
 8 routed interfaces and 1024 VLANs.

Best regards,

-Lee