[c-nsp] spanning-tree P2P self-looped

Mohammad Khalil eng_mssk at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 14 10:36:28 EST 2015

Hi All
I have 7606 with ES20+ module
I have two active connections on this module , one is layer 3 (point to point) link and the other one is the link of concern
I have configured this link as a trunk with only Vlan 1700 is allowed , and SVI is configured for that Vlan
interface G4/19
switchport
switchport mode trunk
switchport trunk allowed vlan 1700
speed nonegotiate

interface vlan 1700
ip address x.x.x.x x.x.x.x

What am facing now when I check the show spanning-tree blocked-ports I can see that port is blocked for Vlan 1700
When I issue the show spanning-tree interface g4/19 details , I can see the counter for both sent and received increases equally (which explains the self-looped)
When I change to switchport mode access , I can see the port is Up and the SVI is UP

What could be the issue and how can I solve it from my side?

Thanks in advance

BR,
Mohammad