[c-nsp] Non Cisco SFP

Hans Kristian Eiken hans.kristian.eiken at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 16:57:16 EST 2015

Den 02.02.2015 17:46, skrev Warren Jackson:
> Sure, no problem!
>
> 1)  Lack of Cisco support.  You will find yourself behind the eight-ball
> dealing with the TAC if you have these in your chassis.  Sounds like a
> small deal, but I for one don't have the time to deal with it.

Cisco do actually have a policy around use of third party components in
their equipment:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/prod_warranty09186a00800b5594.html

I find this reasonable. It makes me confident to keep buying third party
SFP's and still expect Cisco to give me support in most cases.

--
Hans Kristian Eiken