[c-nsp] bgp scalability C7600

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Sat Feb 7 11:50:55 EST 2015

Hi

On Sat, Feb 07, 2015 at 09:00:55AM -0500, Phil Bedard wrote:
> We are connected to a Level3 7600 at one location, when we turned it up a few months ago it took almost 30 minutes to send us a full table.

Well, maybe they should upgrade their old Sup2...  - 30 minutes is way
too slow, even for a Sup720/RSP720.

If I reboot one of ours that has a full feed from an upstream provider
it takes about 5-10 minutes to load, install and distribute (iBGP) the
table.  Still too long, but 30 minutes...??

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de