[c-nsp] asr9k/trident - ipv6 bgp attributes / enrich nfdump files with AS for ipv6 from MRT dump

Darin Herteen synack at live.com
Mon Feb 9 09:22:29 EST 2015

Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2015 14:28:33 +0100
From: f at zz.de
To: cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net
Subject: [c-nsp] asr9k/trident - ipv6 bgp attributes / enrich nfdump files with AS for ipv6 from MRT dump

Flo,

Make sure you have the following provisioned underneath the address-family:

bgp attribute-download

Hi,

as we have ASR9k machines with Trident card we are not able to
dump/write BGP attributes in netflow. We are interested in origin
AS of the flow.

An idea i had was to enrich the ipv6 flows in the nfdump files offline
from MRT dumps written seperately from zebra/quagga or something.

Has anyone done something like this before? I know there will be
some inaccuracys caused by the delta-t writing the MRT files
and processing the flows.

Flo
     We need to self-defense - GnuPG/PGP enable your email today!