[c-nsp] L2 Switchover

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Sun Feb 15 13:25:27 EST 2015

Hi,

On Sun, Feb 15, 2015 at 04:49:44PM +0200, M K wrote:
> HiI have ASR9k , I got a new connection from a provider through SDH (active , backup)How can I trace if I lost connectivity as there is L2 device in between and move the traffic over the backup link
My crystall ball is fogged today.

If it's *SDH* "active, backup", your router will not even notice that
SDH switched to the backup path - that's what it is for, almost-instant
cutover ("as soon as the first SDH frame is corrupted").  No way to
see this from the router (that I know of), this is all happening inside
SDH, so the SDH monitoring needs to pick this up.

If you're talking about having two different links connected to your
router - well, basic routing 101, I'd say.  Turn on an IGP, set metrics
to "active, backup", and off you go...

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de