[c-nsp] IOS XRv in a virtual environment

Aaron aaron1 at gvtc.com
Wed Feb 18 17:14:51 EST 2015

Thanks so much everyone.

I checked back in with my linux genius (dave) that runs the VM environment
in the data center.... he said lemme take a look...  he then came back
minutes later with an eyebrow raised and asked if someone had messed with
his previous setup.  A junior linux admin got in and added some cpu's and
toggled some settings a few days ago for my virtual machine.

Dave put CPU's back to 4, put the settings back but also did some additional
things to hide the underlying cpus and hardware things from my virtual
machine to make it look more generic.

That did it !

XRv and Junos Olive are now booting fine.

FYI, on this Windows 7 virtual pc, within GNS3 Jungle, I'm running ...

18 routers total
- (2) XRv 5.3
- (3) XRv 5.1
- (1) Junos Olive 12.1R1.9
- (12) 7200's
- (5) VPCS

...seeing 9.55 GB of memory used... and 4 CPU's running at about 75%

Aaron