[c-nsp] Graphing Interface Buffers

James Bensley jwbensley at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 05:04:38 EST 2015

Hi All,

I want to graph an ME3600 and ME3800 in Cacti for testing purposes. I
wish to graph the 44Mbps buffer allocated for interface queuing on the
ME3600 and I think it's a 350-ish MBs buffer on the ME3800.

I want to be able to send a load of traffic in to vairous ports and
queues in the switches and see the buffer usage (presumably this can
only be seen as a total figure rather than per interface? Also aren't
those buffers split per ASIC so perhaps they only show a total per
ASIC?).

I have seen the ME3600's suppor the MIB CISCO-MEMORY-POOL-MIB but I'm
not sure if that contains what I required (perhaps what I require I
not available) ?

Is anyone doing anything like this, if so how are you doing it? What
success have you had?

Cheers,
James.