[c-nsp] SFPs (Third party) - ordered "standard" LH, but got "ZX"

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Mon Jul 6 12:38:12 EDT 2015

Cisco does a poor job of reading the SFF MSA fields from their own optics let alone
what they describe as “3rd party”.

You may find it easier to use something to read/validate the optics yourself
if that works for your logistics.  (shameless plug: i have something that might
be interesting showing you within this space, contact me off-list).

There’s plenty of people who read and implement the SFF specification properly
so reporting the bug against the platform and asking why there isn’t just
a common library is where I would drive your discussion.

This is very generic code that is 75% cut+paste from the SFF-8472, SFF-8024,
SFF-8636 tables.  8431, 8690, 8079 also cover some other details that may be
useful.

- Jared