[c-nsp] ios vs ios-xe: interrface config rate-limit

Mike mike-cisconsplist at tiedyenetworks.com
Thu Jul 9 20:21:14 EDT 2015

Hi,

     I have an ASR1000 running IOS-XE 3.10.5S configured to terminate
PPPoE sessions. It is going to be the upgrade/replacement for a 7201
running 12.2(33)-SRE7.

     I have discovered that there doesn't seem to be feature pairity
between these which prevents some of my account profiles from working
properly. Chief among these is that I have rate limiting in my
subscriber radius profiles and it looks like this:

Cisco-AVPair += lcp:interface-config=rate-limit input 1000000 18750
37500 conform-action transmit exceed-action drop
Cisco-AVPair += lcp:interface-config=rate-limit output 6000000 1125000
2250000 conform-action transmit exceed-action drop

     This establishes a 6mbps download and 1mbps upload speed for that
particular user profile, and works like a charm on the 7201. But when I
try to establish a PPPoE session on the ASR, under debug, I see that
'rate-limit' is being rejected by the cisco parser and the session
doesn't come up because of the errors. So apparently 'rate-limit' isn't
a command I can apply to interfaces under IOS-XE.

      So, question - How do I establish rate limits for PPPoE users
under IOS-XE? I haven't seen a good explanation of how it's supposed to
work. The cisco documentation talks around the general issue but doesn't
actually present a working example and I'm lost.

Help!

Mike-