[c-nsp] ME3600X mLDP

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Fri Jul 10 06:32:37 EDT 2015

On 10/Jul/15 12:27, Sigurbjörn Birkir Lárusson wrote:
> That's actually encouraging and might encourage me to take another swing
> at getting these boxes on 15.4(3), I had become worried that Cisco didn't
> test the most basic things on the ME3600x anymore, but if they can run
> semi-recent code they are indeed usable since the hardware is good enough
> to do many things well, as witnessed by the fact that the 903 with the
> RPS1-55 is now a very capable ME aggregation box.

My guess is the code will now start to become as stable as the 7200 IOS
code, because it won't be getting any new features, but will continue
getting maintenance.

So I expect whatever is on the ME3600X now to become rock solid over the
next year or two.

I won't be ripping out my already-deployed ME3600X's (unless a specific
ring needs to carry NG-MVPN traffic). But any new deployments will
certainly be the ASR920.

Good luck with more testing on your side, mate...

Mark.