[c-nsp] ME3600X mLDP

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Fri Jul 10 06:46:48 EDT 2015

On 10/07/2015 11:12, Sigurbjörn Birkir Lárusson wrote:
> As an example of this I tried updating one of my ME3600X's to 15.4(3)S1 a
> few months ago to get them into the same code train as the 903s (which
> have been running pretty much bleeding edge code since day one to escape
> things not working and get the feature set up to par with what we need)
> and basic things like MPLS forwarding didn't work, all MPLS forwarding was
> uni-directional and you could see that the forwarding labels were not
> being correctly programmed into the hardware (we're talking very basic LDP
> + OSPF here, this is not fancy in any way).
>
> I had to revert back to 15.3(3)S4 to get the box up and running again.

I had exactly this experience, with the same resolution.  Fortunately, the
network in question didn't need any of the features in 15.4 so we were able
to revert without problems.  But it came as a bit of an eyeopener to run an
upgrade and have basic crap like packet forwarding not working at all.

Nick