[c-nsp] IP on xconnect?

Christopher Hunt dharmachris at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 11:03:55 EDT 2015

I have a pair of 1841s with a ds1 between them.  I need to transport two
untagged vlans over the T1 (VOICE and DATA).  Right now I am doing it
with the config below.  The problem is that there is no management IP
address on the boxes so I cannot diagnose outages without console
access.  Is there a way I can add an IP to the DATA vlan without adding
hardware?  Or is there a better way to do this?

ip cef
l2tp-class l2class
!
pseudowire-class pwire-DATA
 encapsulation l2tpv3
 protocol l2tpv3 l2class
 ip local interface Loopback0
!
pseudowire-class pwire-VOICE
 encapsulation l2tpv3
 protocol l2tpv3 l2class
 ip local interface Loopback0
!
interface Loopback0
 ip address x.x.199.5 255.255.255.255
!
interface FastEthernet0/0
 no ip address
 xconnect x.x.199.6 100 pw-class pwire-VOICE
!
interface FastEthernet0/1
 no ip address
 xconnect x.x.199.6 101 pw-class pwire-DATA
!
interface Serial0/0/0
 ip address x.x.199.1 255.255.255.252
 no fair-queue
 service-module t1 clock source internal
!
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.100.1
ip route x.x.199.6 255.255.255.255 x.x.199.2

Cheers,
-Chris