[c-nsp] Network monitoring / NMS software

Rich Davies rich.davies at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 23:19:16 EDT 2015

We've transitioned from Nagios/Cacti to check_mk and OMD:

https://mathias-kettner.de/checkmk_omd.html

So far I must say the monitoring is better than Nagios, provides much more
data from servers (has its own process that runs to monitor servers), is
able to parse syslog data but we do not have SNMP traps working with it
yet.    Also it has built in graphing (to RRD files) which helps it provide
for a solid MRTG/Cacti replacement.

I would check this out so far it seems quite useful (and opensource/free).

Rich