[c-nsp] ME3600 migration to something with more 10 gig ports

James Bensley jwbensley at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 06:35:07 EDT 2015

On 14 July 2015 at 11:21, Fredrik Vöcks <fredrik.vocks at bredband2.se> wrote:
> Yes the ASR920 is certainly the way forward in this segment.
>
> Just remember this platform is still young and there are some rather
> annoying bugs and features missing.

Yes I think in 6 months time, this platform will be what we originally
wanted teh ME3600 to be but it needs some more time to (firstly)
mature in features (secondly) for everyone to be goot netizens and
submit plenty of TAC cases to get these bugs fixed.

We've had the loopback interfaces not coming up after a reboot,
loopbacks for fucks sake!

We had the management interface showing as down until you ping it from
the local device its self.

Much as I love this box and the ME3600s as I've said in another
thread, Cisco's testing is utter shite. Like the ME3600 pseudowires
coming up but not forwarding any traffic, how did they not testing
that?!!!

James.