[c-nsp] Remote management console servers?

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Wed Jul 15 06:21:19 EDT 2015

On (2015-07-15 11:16 +0100), Phil Mayers wrote:

Hey,

> We really fought with conserver; I'll have to ask the colleague who did the
> work for details, but IIRC it would just hang up and stop working, logging,
> etc.
>
> Have you had similar problems?

No. We have triple digit ports. We also have high confidence it actually
works, as we login to each console port 3 times a day, to ensure it actually
that one time it is needed every 10 year :)

> Which bit of Cisco kit do you use for how many serial ports?

We used 8 port asyncs, as that's sufficient for our pop, could have gone with
16 port ones too.
We used cheaper/smallest ISR series which had DC power :)

--
  ++ytti