[c-nsp] MTU / BGP

CiscoNSP List CiscoNSP_list at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 20 16:33:10 EDT 2015

Thanks James!

Well...I was on the right track with MTU, and disabling path discovery..but, Id only ever soft reset the sessions...hard reset of the bgp session was needed(As James suggested below), and I have one of the sessions up for 7 minutes....so ill do the other now.

Thanks to all that responded....docco probably states somewhere that a hard reset is needed, but certainly wasnt obvious to my tired eyes lol!

Side note - It would be nice to be able to set mtu per neighbour purely for bgp (i.e. not have to change the physical Interface, or disable path mtu discovery)...

Cheers.