[c-nsp] 100BaseTX with ASR-920 TenGig-Port?

Voigt, Thomas Thomas.Voigt at netkom.de
Tue Jun 2 04:52:50 EDT 2015

Hi all,

tried yesterday to connect an 10/100BaseTX device to an GLC-T SFP in one of the four TenGig port of an ASR-920.
Link and line protocol are coming up on both sides, but no communication possible. "show interface ..." on the ASR shows no input packets, but much input errors.
Further it shows correct speed and duplex for 100/full.

If I connect an 1000BaseTX device it works as expected. But only with 100Mbit/s link speed.
Using the built-in 10/100/1000 ports isn't an option. They were used for other connections.

If I put this SFP into an Catalyst 3650 it does work properly. Also my 10/100baseTX device. So it seems not be a fault of the SFP.

I know, GLC-T isn't officially supported by the ASR-920. Will try in a few days with an SFP-GE-T, but believe this will only work on 1000Mbit/s.

Has anyone connected successfully an 10/100baseTX device to an ASR-920 on the TenGig ports?
Which SFP did you use for that?

--
Regards

Thomas