[c-nsp] ASR920 - ISR4431

Lukas Tribus luky-37 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 3 03:59:41 EDT 2015

> We are looking at replacing some routers for a client, as they have recently upgraded to 1Gb internet.
>
> They just take a default route in from 2 carriers, but may be looking at taking in a few more routes -
> probably just those of each provider, so certainly much less than the 20k limits we see on many platforms.
>
> Price is a big concern - and this will be purely routing traffic and speaking BGP.

If they can live with less than 4k routes pure IPv4 or 1,25k IPv4/1,25k IPv6 dualstacked, I would just give them
a ME-3400EG-12CS-M, that will do linerate 1Gb routing, if configured with the correct sdm template and is
probably a lot cheaper than the 2 mentioned platforms.

Of course you won't have a lot of features (netflow, nbar, nat, etc) but you probably don't have those on
a ASR920 either.

Lukas