[c-nsp] Serial Terminal Servers

quinn snyder snyderq at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 14:55:54 EDT 2015

i’ve done this with non-cisco gear.
currently have a 2821 connecting to the console of an older alterpath pdu’s console port.  nm32a with console cable, coupled to a “hacked” cable i put together.
pay attention to the pins.  and have some trial and error.  its also helpful to have the “crossover” and “rollover” adapters for your ethernet cables to aid in testing (e.g. it doesn’t work with your hacked cable, toss a rollover or crossover adapter in between and see if it fixes it, then remake the cable).

q.
quinn snyder | snyderq at gmail.com