[c-nsp] ME3600X IPv6 ND Control & Data Plane Problems

Dumitru Ciobarcianu cisco-nsp at lnx.ro
Sun Mar 1 04:22:35 EST 2015

On 01-Mar-15 3:24 AM, Mark Tinka wrote:
> On 28/Feb/15 19:38, Nick Hilliard wrote:
>> permit icmp any any nd-ns
>> permit icmp any any nd-na
>
> I have the exact same ACL on the the other Cisco platforms mentioned,
> and ND works perfectly.
>
> I was considering punching extra holes in this ACL for the ME3600X, but
> I'm curious why this hardware-software combination differs from other
> Cisco platforms.

I remember I've seen somewhere (but I really don't recall where) a Cisco
presentation that mentioned exactly this. From a certain SW version they
have nd allowed by default in the ACLs because it was a common mistake
to make and too many people were breaking ipv6.

Maybe your hw/sw combination simply does not have this "fix".

Dumitru