[c-nsp] Cisco console port to USB

Rob Seastrom rs at seastrom.com
Tue Mar 3 15:46:02 EST 2015

Gert Doering <gert at greenie.muc.de> writes:

> Airconsoles, obviously :-)  (http://www.get-console.com/airconsole/)
>
> (While these are indeed so cool that it's an instant MUST HAVE for any
> decent geek, they actually *do* come in quite handy if you need a console
> "somewhere in the rack" and have no space in range of your serial cable
> to put your laptop, so you just wander off to a suitable spot and work
> from there...)

Non-signed Mac drivers (thanks work policy) and a pain to use means my
AirConsole rarely makes it out of the bottom of my bag.

If you go the PL2303 route, you want the FOSS drivers, not the
official Prolific drivers.  The official ones try to screw you if they
think you're running knockoff PL2303 chips (such as the programming
cable for my Baofeng).  The FOSS drivers do not care.

-r