[c-nsp] OSPF and BGP relationship

Adam Vitkovsky Adam.Vitkovsky at gamma.co.uk
Wed Mar 4 05:38:16 EST 2015

> One idea is to only use OSPF behind each edge router and
> inject those ospf routes into iBGP. Doing that would eliminate
> having to deal with the lower igp metric of OSPF between
> my 4 edge routers.
That was what I was thinking of initially but I wasn't sure if the areas are interconnected in which case there could be some funky routing results external vs internal LSAs... but now that I think about it it should be fine.

> Since I’m only receiving a default route from my upstream
> providers at the moment, would injecting a default route via
> ospf (with the same metric) cause a “load balanced” outbound
> distribution?
Yes if each BGP speaker advertises a default route with the same metric then egress from the AS "west" sites would use exit A and "east" sites would use Exit B

adam