[c-nsp] 7600 "vlans used" with snmp-get

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Mon Mar 23 11:02:10 EDT 2015

On Mon, 2015-03-23 at 10:13 +0000, MKS wrote:
> Is there a mib / snmp operation that can give me all used vlans on a 7600
> or all "available" vlans?
>
> Something like
> sh vlan internal usage
> but hopefully containing all used vlans.

The CISCO-VTP-MIB::vtpVlanTable that Paul mentions unfortunately will
not mention e.g. the subinterface VLANs that "show vlan internal usage"
will.

You can use CISCO-VLAN-IFTABLE-RELATIONSHIP-MIB::cviRoutedVlanIfIndex
instead. The indexes are VLAN ID and physical ifIndex (or 0 if it refers
to a SVI) and the value is ifIndex of the specific subinterface.

Example on a Sup2T:

interface GigabitEthernet4/2.2500
 encapsulation dot1q 2501
!

CISCO-VLAN-IFTABLE-RELATIONSHIP-MIB::cviRoutedVlanIfIndex.2501.98 = INTEGER: 519
IF-MIB::ifName.98 = STRING: Gi4/2
IF-MIB::ifName.519 = STRING: Gi4/2.2500

We don't use it but I tested it on Sup2T IOS 15.0(1)SY6 and Sup720
12.2(33)SXI1 so most somewhat IOS versions should support it.

--
Peter