[c-nsp] Facebook Abuse Tracing

Samir Abid Al-mahdi samir.abidali at gorannet.net
Mon Mar 23 14:31:33 EDT 2015

Dears Experts,

We are a small to medium size ISP and we are performing a Carrier grade nat
with deterministic NAT.

Recently we are getting a lots of request from court in our country to
trace some specific users and we have give only the IP address.

but as you all know the trace is not usable unless we get the source port
and the time of the incident. Do you think facebook can share such
information with the law enforcement agency ( IP address, source port, time
), or they only share the IP address  ? any ISP has previous experience in
this matter

and is this something happen rarely or it can be obtained if official paper
is provided.

Please advice.

--
Best Regards