[c-nsp] Recommended software version for ASR1000

Scott Granados scott at granados-llc.net
Tue Mar 24 13:11:04 EDT 2015

Hi, I have a pair of ASR routers that had the following installed when unpacked.  Looking for recommendations of which software to upgrade to and use.  Basic requirements are BGP, HSRP and a very basic set of features.

Here’s the truncated show ver output

PROLevel3#show ver
Cisco IOS XE Software, Version 03.13.00.S - Extended Support Release
Cisco IOS Software, ASR1000 Software (X86_64_LINUX_IOSD-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 15.4(3)S, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc11)

Any suggestions for which version we should use?

Any pointers would be most appreciated.

Thanks
Scott