[c-nsp] "Core/AGG" switch for small DC

CiscoNSP List cisconsp_list at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 26 03:03:51 EDT 2015

Hi Everyone,

Have a small DC, with around 12 racks, each with a 4948 as TOR(Customer firewalls and servers connecting to them), coming back to another 4948 acting as an agg/core switch...suggestions on a replacement would be highly appreciated(To give more redundancy...currently, its just a cold 4948 spare)...one of my colleagues "loves" stackable switches, and is wanting to go with a pair of 3950's....myself, Im not a fan of stackables...so, smaller chassis-base would be my preference....or open to any other suggestions.

Cheers.