[c-nsp] "Core/AGG" switch for small DC

CiscoNSP List cisconsp_list at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 26 12:35:11 EDT 2015

> For a datacentre, I'd pay attention to buffering. Cisco stackables tend
> to have tiny buffers (not sure about 3950), which may or may not be a
> problem for an agg switch, depending on your traffic patterns and link
> speeds, and whether the device does cut-through switching.
>
> How many ports and of what media/speed do you want? Do you need any DCB
> / FCoE stuff? Layer 2 or layer 3?

Purely L2, all eth...Id like 2 separate agg boxes, but dual links from TOR switches, to 2 "independent" switches would be difficult (i.e. how to have all vlans go to both switches, and handle a failure of one of them "automatically"...all the cust vlans are trunked up to ME's and ASR's for L3.

Cheers.