[c-nsp] L2TPv3 ME3600 and SIP10 ASR1006

Łukasz Bromirski lukasz at bromirski.net
Tue Mar 31 10:35:55 EDT 2015

> On 31 Mar 2015, at 16:19, Mark Tinka <mark.tinka at seacom.mu> wrote:
> On 31/Mar/15 16:04, James Bensley wrote:
>

>> Yeah ISRG2 boxes do support L2TPv3. I have very successfully deployed
>> them in very forgettable ways.
>
> Okay.
>
> So safe to say any software-based router should support it (excluding
> VM-based images, of course).

Theses days ‘software’ is becoming too general.

QFP on ASR1k are in essence programmable CPUs but with scalability
and performance similar to hardware platforms.

L2TPv3 is supported on all ISRs, including the new 44xx series, which
are - like ASR1k - also spending CPU cores (albeit, under common IOS
processing) to do forwarding job separately from control plane (which
one of the cores is doing).

CSR1k should also support L2TPv3 BTW.

--
"There's no sense in being precise when |               Łukasz Bromirski
 you don't know what you're talking     |      jid:lbromirski at jabber.org
 about."               John von Neumann |    http://lukasz.bromirski.net