[c-nsp] L2TPv3 ME3600 and SIP10 ASR1006

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Tue Mar 31 10:41:59 EDT 2015

On 31/Mar/15 16:35, Łukasz Bromirski wrote:
> Theses days ‘software’ is becoming too general.

Right :-)...

> QFP on ASR1k are in essence programmable CPUs but with scalability
> and performance similar to hardware platforms.
>
> L2TPv3 is supported on all ISRs, including the new 44xx series, which
> are - like ASR1k - also spending CPU cores (albeit, under common IOS
> processing) to do forwarding job separately from control plane (which
> one of the cores is doing).
>
> CSR1k should also support L2TPv3 BTW.

Cool.

If the ASR1000 does, then the CSR1000v would do it too. I assumed the
ASR1000 didn't support it because it was a "hardware" box. But yes,
considering the make-up of the QFP, it would make sense.

So that leaves boxes built on IOS XR. As those don't do L2TPv3, it might
be that XRv does not support it either.

Although not sure if the ASR920 would support it, considering it runs
IOS XE a la ASR1000, but may not have a QFP setup.

Mark