[c-nsp] Internet in VRF

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Mon May 4 05:13:11 EDT 2015

On (2015-05-04 10:53 +0200), Mark Tinka wrote:

> But when I first deployed IPv6 back in 2005, the choice of 6PE vs.
> native was an easy one... Never looked back since.

Why not? To me 6PE is easy, if you run MPLS, you want 6PE. After all, it's
nothing but IPv6 in VRF, which I'd want in IPv4 as well, if I can figure out
good brown-field migration to it.
Day1 you get to benefit of all of the MPLS goodness. And in your case, as you
run BGP free IPV4 core, it feels like sentimental choice of not running 6PE.

Why must there exist coupling between core signalling and edge services? Less
coupling, less complexity.

--
  ++ytti