[c-nsp] Cheap BGP router for ~20k prefixes

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Fri May 8 03:50:10 EDT 2015

On 8/May/15 02:17, Robert Hass wrote:
> Hi
> Can you give some URL to recommended ESXi tweaking ?
> Or just write some recommendations here. I'm happy to test CSR on my
> configuration
> but I also would like apply tweaking tips first.

The ESXi tweaking I recall doing was disabling power management to
ensure high performance against the hardware.

The other bit was building a vSwitch for each port, as the default for
ESXi is to put all of the server's ports in the same vSwitch. But this
is less of a performance tweak than just good security.

It would be nice to hear what else Pshem did to his VM.

Mark.