[c-nsp] Virtual CPE as a service on Metro-E last mile - Suggestions/inputs required

Aaron aaron1 at gvtc.com
Thu May 21 15:02:20 EDT 2015

You mentioned ... " I'm thinking q-in-q is what you mean when you say "MAC
in MAC". "

I've read that 802.1ah PBB (Provider Backbone Bridging) is actually a
technology that allows for MAC Hiding to address scalability issues created
from a previous technology known as 802.1ad PB (Provider Bridging).

It seems that there is more to it than just simply stacking up a couple
tags.

Just because you stack up a few tags, I don't believe that you get mac
hiding.

I think, as I previously mentioned, that you have to implement something
like PBB to hide macs.

Aaron