[c-nsp] IEEE 802.1P QoS Issue........

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Mon Nov 2 08:38:00 EST 2015

On Mon, 2015-11-02 at 08:40 +0530, Methsri Wickramarathna wrote:
> I have purchased a fiber link and local ISP requested us to set Class
> of Service ( CoS ) value based on the precentage level Voice , Video ,
> Business Critical & Best effot. Further they have requested us to
> follow the IEEE 802.1p standard.
>
> I have configured the router interface with following configurations
> to set the CoS value to 5 of the data packets passing through
> interface.

What platform and software? I'm not sure all platforms supports marking
on egress.

> class-map match-all class-COS
>  match access-group 100
> !
> policy-map policy_cos
>  class class-COS
>   set cos 5
>  class class-default
>   set cos 4
>
> interface GigabitEthernet0/2.17
>  encapsulation dot1Q 107
>  service-policy output policy_cos
> end
>
> Extended IP access list 100
>     10 permit ip any any (616731 matches)

The 802.1p bits are carried in the 802.1Q tag, so you would have to mark
on the physical interface, not the subinterface.

Depending on the platform you might be able to use DSCP marking on the
subinterface and the a CoS-to-DSPC map that acts on the physical
interface.

--
Peter
'