[c-nsp] IEEE 802.1P QoS Issue........

Methsri Wickramarathna mmethw2003 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 22:10:36 EST 2015

Hi every one,

I have purchased a fiber link and local ISP requested us to set Class of
Service ( CoS ) value based on the precentage level Voice , Video ,
Business Critical & Best effot. Further they have requested us to follow
the IEEE 802.1p standard.

I have configured the router interface with following configurations to set
the CoS value to 5 of the data packets passing through interface.

But when I analyzed the traffic ( using Wireshark ) from the destination ,
I couldn't find relevant fields were confgiured. Appriciate if some one can
help me to resolve this issue.

*class-map match-all class-COS*
* match access-group 100*
*!*
*policy-map policy_cos*
* class class-COS*
*  set cos 5*
* class class-default*
*  set cos 4*

*interface GigabitEthernet0/2.17*
* encapsulation dot1Q 107*
* service-policy output policy_cos*
*end*

*Extended IP access list 100*
*    10 permit ip any any (616731 matches)*