[c-nsp] Request for recommendations for Cisco+Juniper Multicast VPN implementation

Alex K. nsp.lists at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 04:00:38 EST 2015

Hello everyone,

I'm having a little bit of problem, trying to figure out which multicast
VPN solution will interoperate on both vendors.

It's seems quite certain to me, that both vendors are implementing
draft-rosen (aka dual PIM), but to my knowledge, there're more advanced
solutions nowadays - namely, M-LSP & RSVP-TE

(both for setting up P2MP LSPs used for multicast actual forwarding, *not*
in the TE sense of word).

Anyhow, there's no clear explanation on each side, which draft a
*particular CLI* is referencing to (i.e. implementing).

Any recommendations regarding working, interoperable mVPN solution, will be
gladly appreciated!

Thank you.