[c-nsp] Request for recommendations for Cisco+Juniper Multicast VPN implementation

Sigurbjörn Birkir Lárusson sigurbjornl at vodafone.is
Mon Nov 16 05:27:00 EST 2015

No idea on the interoperability but technology wise I'd rule out Draft-Rosen if you can.

It's often forgotten for recent Cisco stuff or implemented as an afterthought (the ASR903 RSP-2/ASR920 being a perfect example of this, no Draft-Rosen support as of now, RSP-1 Draft-Rosen for the 903 also took a fair amount of time to stabilise and sometimes was broken in patch releases), it doesn't always play nicely (we've had many issues with it on the 7600, including duplicate streams) and it's the most architecturally unsound service of the MVPN solution out there, in terms of traffic distribution, efficiency and redundancy.

Kind regards,

Sibbi