[c-nsp] WDM (wave division multiplexing) fiber question

Scott Granados scott at granados-llc.net
Thu Oct 1 12:18:44 EDT 2015

Hi,

As someone who knows very little about the finer points of optics I have a basic question and googling is just making me more confused with the part numbers.
	One of my upstream carriers is asking me to use WDM optics to attach.  Would this be a different part numbered SFP for the ASR or would a standard GBIC do the trick?  (I’m assuming no)  What concerns do I have for ordering SFPs to terminate single mode fiber with WDM on my end?  Anything other than finding the right part number SFP?

Thank you
Scott

P.S.  Sorry for the n00by question, googling is yielding results but making more confused in the process so I figured one of the expert responses here would set me straight.

Thank you