[c-nsp] 1 or 2 port Console/Ethernet server

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Thu Oct 1 15:50:28 EDT 2015

On Thu, 2015-09-24 at 10:47 -0400, f287cd76 at opayq.com wrote:
> Looking for recommendations on small 1 or 2 port ethernet-serial
> terminal server. Preferably one with some security on it, and that
> allows us to ssh direct to the serial port. Power control would be
> an added bonus but not mandatory.

I'm a bit late to the game but +1 for OpenGear. We use the ACM 5004
models for smaller POPs. Direct SSH to serial ports, public key auth
possible, logging, cellular fallback when LAN connection can't reach
configured probe address and many other nice features. It's a rather
basic Linux 3.4 distribution but tinkering is quite easy.

It doesn't have any power control though.

--
Peter